1. Geddit is affiliated with the Radio Rentals Group (RRG), a major retailer of electrical goods and furniture. RRG’s registered office is in South Australia and it is no way related to the business named ‘Radio Rentals’ operated by Thorn Group Australia in all states and territories outside of South Australia.
RRG offer goods for sale, rental facilities and consumer credit services through our stores. We offer service and installation of the goods we supply both through RRG stores and selected agents. We also offer rental facilities via selected rental agents throughout Australia.
2. At RRG the management of your credit information and credit eligibility information is important to us. The entities to which this policy relates are listed in the Schedule at the end of this policy. This policy contains the following information:
3. This policy was released on 12 March 2014. From time to time we may find it necessary to change this policy to reflect changes in the law or our commercial activities. You can obtain the latest version of this policy by contacting our Privacy Officer or visiting our web site at www.geddit.com.au.
4. As a credit provider, we are bound by Part IIIA of the Privacy Act and our procedures regarding credit management are designed to ensure that your credit information and credit eligibility information are managed in an open and transparent manner. An example of credit information is your default information or other financial details about you. For the definitions of credit information and credit eligibility information, please refer to section 6 of the Privacy Act.
5. We will be open and transparent about how we handle your credit information and credit eligibility information. We will do this by:
6. You have the right to access and request the correction of credit eligibility information that we hold about you under Part IIIA of the Privacy Act. If there is a reason we are unable to agree to a request for access to this information then we will advise you of this in writing. Details of how to make a request for access or correction are set out at the end of this Credit Reporting Policy. We may charge you a small fee to cover any costs or expenses which we incur to respond to your request for access or correction such as labour costs, photocopying costs or facsimile charges.
7. We collect and hold credit information and credit eligibility information for the purposes of considering, entering into and fulfilling rental agreements, loan agreements and interest free facilities. We collect and hold credit information and credit eligibility information in order to:
8. The credit information we collect and hold may include:
9. Sometimes we collect this information through our selected agents. We require our agents to tell you if they are acting as our agent in a transaction. Our agents are under an obligation to protect your privacy when they deal with credit information on our behalf.
10. We may collect and hold credit reporting information from credit reporting bodies from time to time in connection with a rental agreement, loan agreement or interest free facility. We will advise you of this in the privacy form that you receive when you make an application to us for the relevant arrangement. The exchange of information with a credit reporting body is regulated by Part IIIA of the Privacy Act.
11. From time to time we may disclose credit information to a credit reporting body. Further details are given to you about this when you apply for a rental agreement, credit contract or interest free facility. We primarily deal with the credit reporting body Equifax Advantage Limited ACN 080 662 568 (Equifax) and illion Pty Ltd ABN 95 006 399 677 (illion), however we also deal with the credit reporting body Experian Australia Pty Ltd ACN 082 851 474 (Experian). These credit reporting bodies may include the credit information we give to them in reports provided to other credit providers to assist those credit providers to assess your credit worthiness. If you fail to meet your payment obligations in relation to consumer credit or commit a serious credit infringement, we may be entitled to disclose this to Equifax or Experian. You can find out more information about these credit reporting bodies or obtain a copy of their credit reporting policy by contacting them at:
|Equifax Pty Ltd
PO Box 964
North Sydney NSW 2059
|illion Pty Ltd
PO Box 7405
St Kilda Vic 3004
|Experian Australia Pty Ltd
Level 6, 549 St Kilda Road
Melbourne VIC 3004
Ph: (03) 8699 0100
12. You have the right to request that Equifax or illion not use its credit reporting information about you for the purpose of pre-screening of direct marketing by us. You also have the right to request that Equifax or illion not use or disclose its credit reporting information about you, if you believe on reasonable grounds that you have been, or are likely to be, a victim of fraud.
13. We do not sell or disclose the credit information or credit eligibility information that we hold to any person outside RRG for direct marketing by that other person. Credit information and credit eligibility information that we hold may be exchanged between different businesses within RRG (as listed in the Schedule) or to other related parties. This disclosure is permitted by the Privacy Act. Credit information and credit eligibility information that we hold may be disclosed to the agent that supplied goods to you. It may also be disclosed to agents or contractors who act on our behalf to collect debts or recover goods and to companies that provide in-home service and support to our customers (e.g. Dr PC). Finally we may also disclose credit information and credit eligibility information to our solicitors and accountants. The identity of any of these people may change from time to time.
14. We are not likely to disclose credit information or credit eligibility information to an entity without an Australian link.
15. We take active steps to protect the security of credit information and credit eligibility information, including authentication of customers before disclosure of that information. We require our staff to comply with certain standards of behaviour when dealing with credit information and credit eligibility information. We train all our staff about the need to protect your privacy and we will regard breaches of the Australian Privacy Principles as serious matters. We keep credit information and credit eligibility information in both electronic and paper based records. Paper based records are kept on secure premises away from the general public. Our electronic records are kept in a secure system with password protection and restricted access both internally and from external sources. We may keep credit information and credit eligibility information for up to 7 years after the completion of a transaction for legal reasons. After that time we will de-identify or destroy this information if we no longer need it.
16. We try to ensure that any credit information or credit eligibility information that we hold about you is accurate, complete and up to date. We do this by collecting these types of information as much as possible from you. Another way that we do this is by correcting this information if it is incorrect and you request us to do so. When we become aware that information is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date we will correct that information, make a note on the file or in some cases delete it from our records.
17. If you wish to:
then you may contact our Privacy Officer. Our Privacy Officer will take reasonable steps to respond to your inquiry or complaint and will do so promptly (usually within 14 to 30 days). Our Privacy Officer’s contact details are:
18. The Privacy Act requires that you first make your complaint to us in writing and that we are then given a reasonable time to respond to you (usually 30 days). If you make a complaint to our Privacy Officer but you are not satisfied with the response that you receive you can then make your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service of which we are a member. The Financial Ombudsman Service independently and impartially resolves disputes between customers and participating members on matters including credit. Their contact details are:
19. Alternatively you may contact the Commonwealth Privacy Commissioner with your complaint. The contact details are:
Gedd!t Pty Ltd ACN 616 388 857
Walker Stores Pty Ltd ACN 007 973 962 in its capacity as trustee for the Walker Family Unit Trust (Walker Stores Pty Ltd also trades under the names inRent and inLease)